Understanding the need for a more detailed explanation and action plan of worker fatigue, the ACOEM created a task force and guidance statement addressing the issue and hazards associated with employee fatigue in the workplace.
According to the document, worker fatigue is a very real and dangerous condition in today’s workplace. The publication:
- Defines fatigue
- Highlights the risk of employee fatigue in the workplace
- Briefly explores the science of sleep, the Circadian Rhythm, and fatigue
- Emphasizes occupational risk exposure of shift work
- Introduces and defines Fatigue Risk Management Systems
- Offers strategic tips for implementing and sustaining a successful FRMS